Problems installing Quicktime on Windows Vista?
Monday 02 April 2007
If like us you have had problems installing Quicktime on Windows Vista, then here's the solution:
You need to register the 'vbscript.dll' file located in the System32 directory.
Run a 'Command Prompt' as an Administrator (i.e. Right click on the 'Command Prompt' icon and select the 'Run As Administrator' option.
When the command prompt appears, follow the below:
1) Type CD '%windir%\system32' without the quotes
2) If the above does not work, replace
3) You will now see C:\Windows\System32>
4) Type 'regsvr32 vbscript.dll' without the quotes
5) You will then see a message appear confirming that the file has been registered.
6) Click 'Ok' on the confirmation message
7) Type 'exit' without the quotes in the command prompt
You can now install Apple Quicktime. I still received on error whilst installing, but this did not hault the installation, nor did it stop any functionality. Well, for us anyway.
After installing Quicktime, a restart is essential for it to operate correctly.
We cannot guarantee any results as a result of following these steps.